Saturday, July 25, 2009

Old Limitations No Longer Apply

In his book Believe That You Can, Jentezen Franklin talks about having dreams and seeing them fulfilled. One of my dreams is to accomplish my goal of losing the weight I need to lose and maintaining it. There were many things in the book that I was able to use and apply to this dream. How many times have I wanted to do something and told myself that I couldn’t because of my weight? My weight is a big limitation to me. I felt confined by the limitations that I had placed upon myself. Here are some things that Jentezen says about limitations –

We’ve had limitations imposed on us. We accept them, and we believe them, even when we have long since “outgrown” them. What does this mean to me? Don’t accept the limitations imposed on me. They no longer apply! I must determine to push down those limitations. I’m not the person I used to be and my old limits don’t apply to me anymore.

This really hit me this week when I came across some pictures from December 2004 and January 2005. I’ve looked at these pictures over and over in disbelief. I think that my weight now is higher than it was then – but what a difference in how I look and feel now compared to then. When I look at these, I see someone who’s unhappy and trying to mask it –




I’m not going to reinforce those old limitations anymore because they no longer apply. I’ve still got a long road ahead of me but I’m going for it. I don’t care what history says – I can do this!!! I’m not going to let fears torment me. I’m not going to let failure dominate me. I’m not going to let my mistakes and my past be lord over me. Today I’m taking a stand! It’s time for me to start seeing things in a different way. I’ve circled this mountain long enough; I’m ready to conquer it.

The next goal I’m reaching for is to loose 14 more pounds. That’s all that’s standing between me and my first 50 pounds lost. I’m setting a goal of being there by the first of September. Can’t wait!!!

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Heather! That person doesnt even look like you anymore! You can do it girl. You have no limitations because God is paving a way ahead of you to lose weight and maintain it because he loves you and wants you to fulfill your dreams! I am so proud of you!

Tori said...

i wish i had words to tell you how much i am amazed by you. you are so beautiful, heather, and put your all into everything you do. i am encouraged, inspired and sooooo proud of you.

i just looovvveee yooouuu heatherrrr.

can't wait to see our "fat picture" in a few years- or months!! :-)