Friday, February 6, 2009

One Day At A Time

The past week has been good but it sure wasn’t easy. Last Thursday’s training (January 29th) started off with weighing in and measurements. The good news is that I lost – the bad news is that I’m frustrated and wanting to do more than what I am doing. I attribute it to poor choices on my part. The rest of that training was spent talking it all out and even crying a little. For not working out at all, it sure was a tough training!

So this week has been spent doing things different. There have been times this week where it’s been difficult dealing with my eating habits. It’s taken a lot of planning ahead and cooking things ahead of time. And I’ve also been working out more. I’ve realized that I hate the Stairmaster more than I originally thought – but I’ve also realized that the elliptical isn’t so bad when compared to the Stairmaster.

It’s all paying off to. I had training last night and after the warm-up, Jeremy had me hop on the scale just to see where I was at – and I’ve lost 2 pounds this week! When I stepped off that scale, the feeling of excitement I felt was worth every bit of hard work and the tears that shed this week. My next official weigh-in and measurements won’t be until the end of the month and I can’t wait to see where I’ll be then. Until then, I’m taking it day be day and giving my all to make it a great one!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I love that you say one day at a time, it's often that we jump to 30 days a head in our minds when our bodies can only stay at one day at a time, and then we end up frustrated,
because we think we should be doing more, or seeing more results. every day is a gift, to see what God is doing. He is doing so much in and for you Heather, and I am so proud of you.

And I am here for you, for anything. what ever you need.
love you

Anonymous said...

i'm here for you too heath!
i know how hard it is to plan ahead, and cook all your meals. that's why so many people never succeed at their weight loss goals. but you are doing it! i know you've sacrificed so much, and it's so amazing! you are doing such a great job, and i pray!!!! that i can have even 1/2 the motivation you have when i start trying to lose weight after the baby. matt is convinced your a machine :) no emotion, just determination!!!:) though, i know from the tears, there is quite a bit of emotion. it is emotional when you want something so bad and are working so hard at it.
your goals will be achieved! all you can do is take it one day at a time. i love you so much friend!!! so so so much!!!