Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Give Up

The last few days have been exciting for me! Something’s changed and even though I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is, I feel like I’m ready to jump back into this full force again.

Today I was at the gym and doing cardio. As I walked in the gym, I had in hand a plan written out for what I was going to do and a determination to give it a 100% and finish it to the very end. And I did it! Considering that I’ve been having a hard time going in and working out on my own, I’m feeling happy about finishing what I set out to do.

While I was on the elliptical, I was talking with the girl next to me. Like me, she’s working on losing a lot of weight. The difference between the two of us is that she is farther along in the game than I am. We talked about struggles that we’ve encountered and about things that have helped us. As I left the gym, I had an extra pep in my step.
I’m learning a lot about myself through this. I’m learning how to stick with something – even when it’s not easy – and that that I can do this. I’m learning that with the help and encouragement of other people, I can do this. I’ve learned that giving up never solves anything. And most of all, I’m learning that I can do this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes you can friend!!!
i am so proud of you, and thankful that you have your focus back. you are amazing. Love you!!!

Keri said...

Yes you can do anything! Your Heather, do you know that your name is a flower, and when people give this flower it means you admire them, or Your wishes will come true. I just thought this was perfect for who you are. I believe your wishes will come true, and that people do admire who you are. Just being a flower, one of God's greatest and most beautiful creations, thats you heather!

Tori said...

i know one thing that's motivating you!

you're back in business, Heather!!

Tori said...

girl, where are you? we miss you on here!