Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Believe

Do you remember the old Christmas movie Miracle on 34th Street? It’s about a man who believes he’s the real Santa Claus. A court hearing takes place to determine if he really is Santa. In the process, the expression “I Believe” starts turning up – on buttons, on signs, etc. – all around town as people rally around and show their support that they believe in Santa.

Sometimes, I have to remind myself that I can do this and that I can lose this weight. I know that I can do it – deep down inside, I really do. My family and friends believe in me and know that I can do it. It’s overwhelming when I look at the big picture. I have a goal that I’d like to reach and wonder what it’ll be like when I reach it – What will I look like? How will I feel? What will I do to celebrate reaching that goal?

This week I’m really working on believing in myself. I know that I can do this. And even though it seems overwhelming looking at the big picture, there are small goals and victories along the way to be celebrated. I do believe…

4 comments:

kati said...

Heather,

Your discipline and determination really inspire me! Thank you

Tori said...

I believe in you, Heath!!

You amaze me.

Keri said...

I really believe in you girl. You should keep believing in yourself. I know what an amazing person you are and how strong you. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

Heath,
I love your blog... I just found it on Tori's, how dare you not give it to me... J/K!!!
Heath you are one of the strongest people I know, I am so proud of you!!! I know you can do it and I will celebrate each and every goal and victory w/ you along the way! You are so beautiful. I love you so much friend!!!